_MG_0928Located at the mouth of Back River at the Southern end of Hart Island,  this iron and wood structure is the “rear” light of the two Craighill Channel Lower Range lighthouses.  When completed in 1875, the Victorian-style keeper’s house was located at the base of the tower with  a 4th order Fresnel lens in the lantern room above the watch room and service room.  Standing 105 feet tall this lighthouse is the tallest lighthouse in Maryland.